Monday 3 May 2010

EVALUATION

EVALUATION
From the research project I have developed my idea of taking my transitional space of my mind further. In the negotiated project I first decided to stick with stills rather than video because I could achieve more effective images and a variety of ideas within my depression theme.
To carry on the theme but narrow it down and refine it I wanted to focus on exposing and expressing my feeling of having a tight layer around me or a force that is invisible. I wanted to make this visible. Through my research I looked back at the photo shoots I had done and the photographers and artists I had looked at. Using this inspiration I followed my idea of being suffocated/claustrophobic. I created several shoots, some that didn’t work so well... my cling film and tape shoot that followed on from my mini video in the research project. I decided to work with more significant locations and concentrating back to the idea of having a grotty and gritty background or idea so that the viewer has no comfort in viewing any of the photographs.
For my final shoots I decided to have 4 shoots with 4 different ideas surrounding my same theme but taking it to the extreme...bandaged, hung, drowning and stuck. Overall my project has come out really well; I feel I have successfully achieved what I set out to do I have achieved a higher understanding of presentation and I have improved my technical skills. Highs and lows I got through the project, because I chose such a personal project I defiantly found it draining and exhausting but I put all my effort and passion into it. The final photographs work really well but I think if I were to improve anything I would maybe shoot some more ideas to have a bigger larger body of work if I were to be exhibiting my work.
I have discovered that I set myself very high tasks and I can’t always meet my own targets and standards, in this project I have learned to take a step back and look at my whole idea and everything all together before I rush into anything or start panicking about things and to critically evaluate my work and develop different concepts to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment