Wednesday 21 April 2010

Tate Modern - Ana Mendieta

Blood and Feathers... Video Piece
Rape Scene - Self-portait

Blood Face - Self-Portrait


Ana Mendieta 1948-1985
Ana Mendieta's room in the Tate Modern shocked me as I walked through the exhibitions, I loved the fact I had found another performance artist/self-portrait driven artist. Her subject shocked and upset me a little with her ideas using blood in every piece, but when I looked at her work closer I got sucked in and I looked at it in a completely different light... I thought I was suffering for my art... clearly not!!!!!
I like the candidness of her style, although I don't think this would work well with my project. Her deep ideas and gross presentation really suck me in. I want to use her idea that I had thoought of earlier with her work being projected onto one dark wall and images going around with it maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment