Saturday 16 January 2010

POST 14



First Photo Shoot.
Twine...

My idea for twine came from Araki's photos that I researched, I decided to choose a location that was gritty and not clean to show how my mind is inside, and how I feel inside even if I look happy on the outside. I used garden twine because its rough and uncomfortable and decays. I simply tied it around my arms and fingers... and got my mother to tie me to a bar at the top of the wall. I set up my camera on a tripod before it and the lighting, I used a flash on a tripod with a piece of guttering over the top to focus the flash into a pool of light. Overall the photoshoot took a very long time as I had to direct my mother to click the button... my mother doesn't even know how to switch the camera on!
By the time the shoot was running smoothly I was feeling really defeated, depressed and in so much pain from the tightness of the twine around my wrists and fingers. So the emotion in my body language is all true which I like.
I chose a simple outfit - similar to Sam Taylor-Wood's ideas. Black tights and a black strappy top to emphasise the emotion and it is something I can continue through to each of my other photo shoots so it highlights the idea of the body language, body shapes and the location in which I have put myself in.


This is my contact sheet...


I plan to edit them just simply changing them to black and white as this is the look I want for them so they all link together in the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment