Tuesday 19 January 2010

POST 22


Shoot 2 - Blur Heads
For shoot two I planned out the location, an old manky cupboard in the hallway. I started off simply using 10 second shutter speed and moving my head around really quickly but after a few photos it wasn't working and instead of a blur I just had no head. So I then decided to use a 30 second shutter speed and slowly move my head around while getting an assistant to paint in my face with a small torch, this worked really well.
As each photo took 30 seconds each I tried to take as many as possible and keep as still as I could so it was only my face that was blurred. After a while I started to feel pretty damn sick so i couldn't take as many photos as I wanted but I got some really good ones and interesting body shapes. I chose body shapes that would go with my ideas so far of feeling uncomfortable and showing how I feel inside. When I edit these photos I think I will have to put them into black and white as well as it going well with the other photographs I have taken, it will neutralise out the colours as the torch I used was a white light and I used the standard lights in the hallway for the general lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment