Wednesday 20 January 2010

POST 36

Plans for video...

I plan to set up my video using two cameras, one on a tripod constantly filming and one that I will direct an assistant of how to film me and when. My location is going to be in my next door neighbours box bedroom - nothing on the walls, plain bed cover and just simple surrounding... to focus on me and my actions in the video. I will be experimenting filming using a strobe light to see what unusual effects I can get with it similar to what I could do in editing but its less controlled and I want to see the effect it makes. The idea is to look back at my research for my video on art in mental disease and Rebecca Horns work and the videos I have looked at by Chris Cunningham and other artists and take my main ideas from that with the editing style, it will be in black and white to emphasise texture and my actions. It will be documenting me letting my emotions and feelings out through repetition art and scribbling. I will also get my assistant to talk to me about what I have created to show my true emotions about the work I produce. In editing I am going to use the idea of quick edits, slowing down and making the speed faster.
When it comes down to sound I am still using my main inspiration from the first video I looked at, the sound will be loud, unnerving and make you feel upset and depressed.

The aim for my video is to make the viewer feel uncomfortable, scared and anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment