Monday 18 January 2010

POST 20

Theo Adams



Theo Adams is acclaimed for both his Live Productions and Film Work. After several years of solo shows, Adams formed The Theo Adams Company in 2008. The Company comprises a collection of dancers, performers and musicians. Adams's productions, which are heavily improvised involve elements of physical theatre, complex musical composition, dance, cabaret, costume, film projection, and bold lighting and set design. Together these elements create a indefinable performance spectacle. By the age 19, Adams had staged productions internationally, including the Tate Britain and Institute of Contemporary Arts in London, the finale of the NY Art Book Fair in New York and URA! in Istanbul.
He has contributed to i-D and Dazed & Confused magazines and caused controversy appearing topless in the June 2008 issue of French Playboy shot by Rankin.
In Aprill of 2009 The Theo Adams Company completed their 'Performance' project , a series of performances in an abandoned Catholic school in northwest London. It was published in a major feature in the May 2009 issue of W Magazine with photography by David Sims. The company of dancers, musicians and performers were joined by special guests Lorna Luft and Tony award winner Frances Ruffelle to perform for the project.
In November 2009 The Theo Adams Company announced 'Cry Out' a new theatrical production. It will be performed in cities across the globe throughout 2010. The Theo Adams Company will collaborate with musicians, artist and performers in each city to create a unique take on the show for every audience. The premiere took place on November 30, 2009 at the Za Koenji Theatre in Tokyo, Japan.
- Wikipedia
I came across these two images by Theo Adams the first inspired me because it seemed to capture exactly what im feeling, screeming, but in my photos I don't want to have my face in it so this approach would be better for my video research, in my video I want to show this pure raw emotion at some point where I will truely let myself go. This second set of 4 photos is from a performance he did, his movements and body shapes and language are exactly what I want to explore both in my videos and in my stills shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment