Tuesday 19 January 2010

POST 26




Looking further into movement I came across this guy called
James Meaken
I love how mysterious his photographs are, and how he captures movement but keeps crisp parts of the photographs, this technique he has used simply using a long shutter speed with a flash set up so the flashed parts are crisp and the movement is blurred.
I like this idea but working with water it won't work because whatever angle I have the flash at it will make too much of a shine off the water.
I have also been thinking about keeping my locations looking tight in frame so you can feel the uncomfortable closed feeling of it. For my bath photos I am thinking of using an angle from above rather than from an end or a side because then it will seem like a box like its enclosed.
I want to move around in the bath and use the body language and poses in shoot 2, I also aim to give a sense of pain and restlessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment