Tuesday 19 January 2010

POST 27

Lawrence Ripsher - Fragments
FILE Magazine
'I've always been interested in narrative/storytelling photography - images that go beyond pure aesthetics. "Fragments" was a project I undertook to further explore this theme. The intent was to create a series of images which would invoke emotions in the viewer, encouraging them to ask questions of what are, in some cases, fairly dramatic scenes.'
Viewers who come across the shots have interesting and varied reactions. Some see the images as scenes conveying depression. Others see hope and resolve. For me, this ambiguity was one of the goals of the project - my attempt at providing questions but not necessarily the entire answer.
These images have really inspired me, his use of locations and how you feel looking at the images, creating questions and helping you to create your own story to them. I've now decided this is what I want my viewers to feel because then they can relate in some way to what I have presented. Although they will still be to explain and put into sight what I feel inside.




I love this photo simply the pulling the top over the face, I am going to use this idea in my next photoshoot in the bathtub as another way to cover my face other than the bubbles.

The mystery in this photo captures me and draws me in, if i had more time on this project I would love to explore this idea of creating what seem like random 'fragments' but really they are of an extreme story or action.


Shadows - need to look further into shadows, for my mini videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment