Tuesday 19 January 2010

POST 29











Depression Diary - Adam Knott

'These "Diary of Depression" photos were taken during a time when my wife was suffering from chronic depression. She was writing a memoir "Grief Girl" (Random House, 2007) about her parents being killed when she was 14, and to her surprise, it sent her into a downward spiral. The handwritten words are copied from my journal.'
TEXT - I was browsing through JPG Mag and came across these photos called Diary of Depression, I love the diary like idea that I have decided to pursue in my own work. I love the honesty, emotion and depth of the writing on the photographs Adam Knott has taken. I want to explore this idea of writing on my photographs maybe taking pages out of my diary or writing down things when I feel down and scanning them in and manipulating the photos with the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment